Saturday, January 10, 2009

Agreed!

Yea! I'm so glad I have friends who share in my obsession! I am still waiting for my hardback copy of New Moon (book 2) to come in and I’m dying of anticipation… (my mom bought the paperback in case I couldn't wait but I'm letting anticipation build b/c I want to read my OWN copy – I’m weird about that sort of thing, I *love* hardbacks and “wearing” them in)…

Elizabeth, I *completely* agree with you about the movie. After much internal debate I decided I wanted to go see it – I’d heard of course it wasn’t as great as the book, etc. but what I was MOST worried about was the movie characters changing the version of who I see them as in my head… I had clicked around on the internet and seen the cast, and while I think K. Stewart is a great fit for Bella, whoever the guy who plays Edward is good looking, but not how I pictured Edward in my head, and I was so worried that for the rest of the books I’d have HIS face in my mind and not MY version of Edward if that makes sense (I think MY version is a cross between Channing Tatum and Henry Cavill - swoon!)?

But curiosity won out – we didn’t have any plans last night so Curt and I made a date of it ( this is him humoring my obsession, such a good sport) and I enjoyed it as well, though I was thinking the same thing (that to non- readers it was terrible and probably on the cheesy side)… I think it's amazing how in your mind everything fits and it's all perfectly normal and when put on film (like him sparkling in the sun or how fast he can run, etc.) that it looks a little silly – I guess I'll stick to my imagination's version, then! p.s. I did love that Stephenie Meyers had a cameo - I would SO do that, too! lol!

Anyway, enough rambling, but as my comment started to become a novel I decided a post would be more suited… sigh!

Love,

No comments: