Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy Birthday to Curt, and I'm obsessed...

I have a new obsession, and I knew it would be, but was building up the anticipation so it would be even better… I just read Twilight by Stephanie Meyers, and along with the entire population of teenage American girls, I’m in love with this book… I asked for the whole series in hardback for Christmas even though I hadn’t read one of them yet, but as I knew I would love them I went ahead and asked anyway. I finished Pride and Prejudice over the weekend (love that book, too!) and went straight into it and had to refrain from staying up all night to read it… I wanted to *savor* it so forced myself to stretch it over 3 days and it’s all I’ve been able to think about…

I’m going to try and wait a few days to start the second one otherwise I’ll have to be like a couple of our family friends’ girls who keep reading them quickly and over and over (they’re each on their 3rd time already because they’re so good)! I think the thing about it is that I remember high school so well, even if it is getting farther and farther away in years, and how I would have swooned over someone like Edward Cullen – I guess that’s why it’s fun? I don’t know – whatever the draw is, I’m hooked! In the meantime, though, I’m satisfying myself with Stephanie Meyers’ draft of Midnight Sun… it kills me that she’s not going to complete this book, though!

We celebrated Curt’s birthday over the weekend in Giddings, which was a ton of fun as Courtney and Adam were also there! It was more low-key than last year as of course you can’t have huge bashes EVERY year, but we did a lot of celebrating, first with Curt’s Dad and Judy (we also did Christmas with them as well as they were in Illinois with Judy’s family), then on Sunday night Carrie, Don, Courtney, and Greg came up for dinner – Curt’s choice was Saltgrass and I had one of the best steaks I’ve had in awhile (I love filet mignon and their mashed potatoes)! So that was awesome… then my Mom came over Monday night to give Curt his present and enjoy some cake, so it’s been a great New Year, so far!

Also enjoyed The Bachelor Monday night, and holy smokes! DeAnna comes back saying she made a mistake?! Maybe she did, I don’t know, but my heart broke for Jesse – what torture it must be for him to watch something like that! But it looks like Jason’s heart breaks before he gets to the end – should be a great season, interesting, no doubt!

On another note – training for the half marathon has taken a down turn, NOT because I’m breaking resolutions already or anything, but the arch of my foot has been paining me since I ran those 11 miles that day… I had felt it before in a 5-mile run, then the 11 miles went well but walking home felt the pain was more pronounced, and then as my muscles settled, relaxed, and then got sore, it started to hurt! I took it easy, went for a short run and then it was really painful, so took a week off, bought some new shoes with more cushion, have been icing it into a hypothermic state, and trying to do everything right b/c by gosh I will run that 13.1 miles in two weeks!!! Even if I have to hobble and walk it, I’m determined to get a finisher’s medal and t-shirt, so please pray that I can stretch it and ice it into submission (the sports medicine guy at Luke’s Locker think it’s the tendon that runs from your toe, to heel, to achille’s so it’s fasciitis something – most likely due to shortening of my calf muscles from wearing high heels all the time, so that tendon and my calve muscles aren’t as long as they would be or something)… ugh… it’s hard being a girl! I bought Yoga Toes though, so hopefully that will help, too – Judy swears by them!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful 2009 so far – Happy New Year!

Love,

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I must confess my own personal obsession with Twilight. I even enjoyed the movie (even though when I look at it objectively, it was terrible).

I DID read the 4th book a second time, but so far that's the only book I've picked up twice.

And can I also confess to you that Fred bought Clan of the Cave Bear for $.25 at the library and I actually enjoyed it?

The Jeanes Family said...

Yeah Tasha!! Love the Twilight Series and have read all of them multiple times. I am so bummed she isnt finishing Midnight Sun either, but I refuse to read the partial draft in HOPES that she will change her mind some day!! Enjoy the books, they are great!!

Tasha said...

I started replying back to y'alls comments but it got too long - transferring over to its own post! I'm a dork!