Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wedding Season!

This weekend was interesting, to say the least, but the highlight was definitely Chandra & Walt's wedding on Saturday night! Chandra is one of Kendyl's oldest friends (from school and then soccer) and their wedding was at a beautiful church in the back of town, and then the reception was at the Waterway Conference Center, and it was gorgeous! Chandra looked so beautiful, and Kendyl was a gorgeous bridesmaid! The reception was very nice - they had different food stations, and I have to say my favorite (and unique!) "Smashed Potato Bar!" They had purple mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and regular mashed potatoes which I'm pretty sure I will dream about b/c they were SO GOOD! To top this off, they had a bunch of "fixins" as well, so I had the regular mashed potatoes with a little garlic, and a little crunchy bacon, and seriously guys, some of the best of my life, and I am a very critical judge of mashed potatoes!!

Curt and I had a wonderful time dancing, and then it got a little faster and me and Kendyl had a great time jitterbugging - it was a blast! As it was a formal wedding, I got to wear Tiffany's bridesmaid dress, too, which was great! I love that, and it was perfect for the weather and occasion, so yea! Their favors were so adorable - because they both went to Baylor they had Dr. Pepper in their original bottles with ribbons wrapped around with their names and the date - so adorable! They also had the M&M's custom made and printed with their names, dates, their favorite verse, and in their wedding colors so that was really neat, too!



We helped Chandra's family gather things up after the happy couple left to begin their life together, and then went home and CRASHED b/c we were so tired!


Today was a nice, slow day... Curt and I slept in, got some things done around the house, and then we watched National Treasure, and then he had to head out for the rest of training - I can't wait until it's over!!


After he left, I got into my swimsuit (as it was the first time that the sun was out on a weekend in AWHILE!) and went outside to enjoy the pool! I also gave Savannah a bath which was good but made me sad... she's getting really skinny, to the point that I was afraid to give her a good rub down like I normally do... sad Tasha... otherwise she is doing well. Still eating and had a great time chewing on a rawhide bone, so that's good. Then I laid out by the pool, and in the pool with a new floatie for the next few hours, went on a bike ride with Dad and Kendyl, and then went to the grocery store, made myself some dinner and watched Sahara, and wrapping up the weekend to get to bed! So pretty great day if you ask me! Movies, sun, good company, the only thing missing was Curt being able to enjoy it with me!


This week should be cool - going to lunch with CJ, and hopefully Dad and Kendyl, and I have my MS150 prize party, too which should be fun!! Then Saturday I leave for YL camp, and then it's July which I think is so bizarre - how can it be my birthday already?!?


Have a good one, everyone!


Tasha xx

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Haha! Curt's doing his "model pose" in that pic of you guys - LOL!

Sounds like a fun wknd! I have some crazy river stories for you...

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. We were supposed to be down there for Matt and Julie's wedding this weekend but we couldn't make it. The boys are finally getting better and I didn't want to chance taking them down there and back up here to mess with their allergies! You looked super pretty in your dress!