Wednesday, June 27, 2007

It takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow...

Sorry it’s been awhile (and I was doing so well!) but I’ve just been down lately so it’s been hard to motivate myself to write as I know it’s not really fun to read about someone going through cloudy times…

Savannah has declined, so we are talking about going in either tomorrow or Friday to say our goodbyes. I feel blessed to have had the time to go through the process of recognizing we have to let her go to avoid her suffering, but it still doesn’t make thinking about it any easier. We will take her to Giddings to the ranch to be buried as it will be a place we go often and a place where I know she will be safe and can run free in spirit. She will keep Bear and Jesse company at the top of the hill where they can see the whole property so it will be lovely.

I also decided I’m going to order a stone to put in our garden like this one from Old World Stones (they do all kinds of garden stones, including pet memorials http://www.oldworldstones.com/), so that I can just sit in our backyard and have this to look at to remember her place in our family.

And there has just been some drama lately that is not really fun blog material either, but like everything, it too shall pass (hopefully). So if you have any extra prayers out there, send some up for Savannah and me, I could use some extras - thanks :-)...

One funny story that did brighten my day yesterday – Kendyl and I were driving along, and she was telling me that yesterday was the day that her company celebrated the June birthdays, so an email was circulated that cake would be in the break room at 2 p.m. Well she was doing some work so she decided she didn’t want to show up RIGHT at 2 p.m., but that she would go when she finished. Well, turns out at these monthly birthday celebrations, the President of the company comes down (big deal, she works for a very large company) to say Happy Birthday, and also introduce any new hires! So when he came to Kendyl’s name, it was the whole, “Bueller, Bueller?” and she was nowhere, so some kind soul ran through the halls to come and snag her saying they were asking for her, and she had no idea why (she’s not a June birthday?) and that it was one of those “walks through the death gauntlet” through the crowd, because apparently EVERYONE attends these, and is on time to hear the President speak. How embarrassing – she pretty much said she wanted to crawl into a hole and die, but that she tried to do the best she could with it. When the President did introduce her and said she was from A&M, she whooped, which made all of the other Aggies WHOOP!, including the President as he’s an Aggie – whew! He also said after that anyone who didn’t have the privelidge to know what that was to ask him later and he would educate them… of course I was laughing hysterically just cringing for her, but that’s culture stuff that she couldn’t have known! She even said, I mean on Office Space the eating cake in the break room was really casual, and not EVERYONE goes! OMG it was too funny… not all bad, though – like my Dad said, at least they know who she is – LOL!

So thank goodness for funny stories b/c last night I really needed one… rough stuff, but hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Anyway, lunch is over!

Tasha xx

3 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Chin up girl! I feel horrid that I didn't get to call you back this evening b/c I got in late. Will give you a call in the morning to check on you. Please let me know what the status is on Savannah...I'll be there in a second to help out.

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

The Kendyl story is hilarious. I was thinking about Office Space when I first started reading it before you mentioned it. I was picturing them passing the cake around and some one didn't get a peice. Too funny! I am sorry to hear about Savannah. Keep us updated as well and give her a hug from Cody!

Elizabeth said...

You and Savannah are on my mind! I know she's been such a wonderful part of your family.