Another lovely Monday….
So things have been good but busy lately – this weekend was supposed to be a lot of things, but turned out the main focus of it unfortunately was that my car broke down on the way to Houston – really it wasn’t quite so bad except the water pump decided to crap out so I was stranded in 100+ degree heat for a couple of hours in the middle of nowhere so my Mam had to come pick me up! It literally wouldn’t hold any water to cool the engine, so I would drive a couple miles and have to pull over b/c it was reheating, then wait for a half hour for it to cool or so (all the while sweating my brains out) and fill it up with water and run to the driver’s side to get every drop out of it I could – kind of comical except it wasted much of Friday, and I didn’t get to spend Saturday at all with Curt as he and my dad went to go get it… ugh! I guess that’s how life happens sometimes but messed up all of our other weekend plans…
Other than that, been working, hitting the gym and keeping the house OCD clean – we had a showing on Saturday with the following feedback “buyer loved this house but it faces west,” – ugh! Double frustrating as yes, it does face west but that’s only an issue for some if they want to be in those rooms at night, which I promise Curt and I are never in the front of the house – people live in the living room and kitchen! So that sucks, but we just have to find that one person who doesn’t care that the house faces west or realizes that you don’t spend a lot of your time in the formal living and dining area… sigh… Curt brought up a great point in that at least we’re not exposed to the north for some of these high winds we get all the time, so hopefully someone will be smart enough to point this out if they’re really worried about direction of the house…
Other than that this week is going to be a true effort to wake up early in the morning to work out – ALMOST happened this morning but I rationalized in my head that pilates tonight at the gym would be a better work out to gear me up for some cardio tomorrow morning – I’m going to have to get a wake up call I think! This will free my nights up immensely if I can just do this for the first week or so to get in the habit…. Anyone feel free to call me at 6 a.m. on weekdays only, but no Fridays! A girl has to have her limits…
Anyway, back to work but wanted to check in! p.s. We have our flights to London booked! I’m coming from Sept. 28 – Oct. 9th and Curt and my mom are coming from Oct. 4th to the 9th! Whoop! It’s going to be a blast… before Curt and my mom come over Vicki, Jo and myself are going to take a girls trip to Prague… LOVE IT! So that’s what I’m looking forward to, and it will be here before we all know it!
Speaking of… does everyone know it’s the end of July? How did this happen???
xx
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You forgot to say that you and your Mom came to pick me up at the airport, that we went to the shooting range, and that we then had a MOST delicious lunch at Fuddrucker's!
Geez! And you call yourself a "blogger" - HA! ;-)
Love your blog. It's a great way for me to check up on you guys!
Post a Comment