Monday, July 17, 2006

Can someone please pass a bed?

Ok, so overly dramatic but I really am quite exhausted… last week was same ol’ same ol’ really, though I did have some good luck with Craig’s List which was pretty exciting! A colleague at work had mentioned I use it to try and sell some of our stuff that we don’t want to move, so I did and have everything sold! The only think left to go is the aquarium which someone is coming by for tonight – this one will be the most sad… can’t bear to give Ariel and Lily away but hopefully this guy will give them a good home.

Went to the gym a lot as well which was great, and by Wednesday Curt and I forced ourselves into deciding our plans for the weekend – there were several options, each of which required someone or both to drive forever so we opted for the most fun sounding – going camping in Austin to go float the Guadalupe River! This has to be done annually anyway so we thought we may as well get it out of the way and also kill two other birds – going to Leslie and Brent’s 10th anniversary celebration in Luckenbach (yes, from the song) and also spending some time with Curtis & Judy on Sunday afternoon. So it was a fun and very tiring weekend – Curt and I drove into Austin separately and met at the campsite on Friday night with the others who were there (Jeff, Tatiana, Jonathan, Patrick, Sylvia, Sam, Andrea and her sisters). I was so beat that by midnight I crashed in our “3000 square foot tent” that the guys gave us for the wedding. It was so hot that I slept on top of the sleeping bags, and Curt was just so giddy to spend some time with his buds that he got nice and tipsy and came crawling in at 3 a.m. or so! Haha – he doesn’t do this very often so was pretty comical… we slept until the sun started to shine through our tent (approximately 6:30 a.m. and from then on it was too hot to sleep so we were up for the day). Had some great breakfast tacos (man, that sounds good – just figured out what I’ll eat for dinner!) and somehow we didn’t actually make it on the river until noon – how did this happen, I’m not sure but we were boiling by the time we lowered our tubes into the wonderfully cool river… what made it not as fun as it typically is was how PACKED it was – I have never in my life seen the river so jam packed full of people and tubes. Literally we got in the water, looked down river and you couldn’t see a speck of water, just thousands of people. So no room to swim really like I normally like to do, but the company was good, the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches courtesy of Sylvia’s Culinary Delights were great, and 3.5 hours later we were slightly crispier (& toastier) and crawling out! A mishap along the way however, was that Curt informed me that somehow he had lost his keys… of all the things you do not want to lose on the river, you do not want to lose your keys b/c they are gone! Of course I was ridiculously mad but seethed to myself for a bit and got over it 10 long minutes later… it all worked out ok, when we got to the cars we called a locksmith so 45 minutes and $85 later we were in business with a key! In the meantime, we actually all had a ton of fun as Patrick was pretty toasty and dancing like a nut for the world to see – it was hilarious! Haha!!

So Curt and I split from the group and hopped in his truck (I had left my car at Sylvia’s) to get over to Luckenbach to meet up with my fam and Ashley’s fam for the ceremony (which we of course missed but that’s ok). So we got there, said hello and congrats, met my fam for dinner for an AMAZING chicken fried steak – yum – then went back to the hotel to rest for a bit until Ash called for us to meet them for dessert in Fredericksburg. So Mom, Dad, Curt and I went walking through the quaint little town of Fredericksburg (all closed down at 9 p.m.) and then got to spend some time with Ash, TJ, Cody, Miss Cindy, Chandler and Shelby. Was a blast – Cody is as cute as ever and not only did he SAY my name, he SCREAMED it over and over under the table (we had been playing a peek-a-boo game) so that was thrilling for me – he knows who I am! Haha… after we finished hanging out and all were ready for bed we went back to the hotel were Curt and I camped out on the floor (in our sleeping bags in a very small space)!

The next morning we woke up and celebrated Mom’s 50th Birthday for a bit (is today – Happy Birthday, Mom!) and gave her the iPod Kendyl and I chipped in for, and headed on out to retrieve my car and head onto Giddings (didn’t I say tour of Texas or what?). There we spent some time looking at the progress of Curtis & Judy’s amazing new house that Curtis has essentially built with his own two hands (only outsourced the Air Conditioning and rock) so it’s coming along very nicely, but what is more is the view of the spread… wow is it gorgeous out there even it was hotter than blazes! Kendyl also had one of her new guns (she’s in a skeet shooting competition so felt compelled to buy a rifle) out to practice with so she and I and the boys all had fun practicing, and guess what?! Turns out I’m a leftie when it comes to shooting a gun… amazing to me that I’ve always been a pretty great shot but I have always noticed that I had to compensate for my arms being short, the gun being too big, etc. So I guess I was firing and seeing where it hit, and then compensating the gun to my line of sight to shoot, when really all I needed to do was switch sides! So my Dad, Curtis, and Curt got me all set up with my new leftie stance, and low and behold I blew the can away on the first shot! Kendyl is pretty great, too – she was getting some of the moving “clays” that they were throwing for her (really trash from the pit but oh well, she shot them)! So that was fun… at about 4 p.m. we all said our goodbyes so we could get on the road to all different places… got some gas and headed out to Fort Worth and got home around 7:30 p.m. and greeted by a girl who wanted to take my gazelle off my hands. Was sad to part with it, but that was part of the deal, and tonight the guy who is buying the aquarium is coming over as well. This one has potential to be more messy, so I’m thinking we’ll go through the backyard with most of it… we’ll see how it goes!

My day has gotten better than how it started… I forgot to say at the top that ALSO why I’m so tired is b/c last night the power went out for 6 houses on my side of the street, so was talking to Curt on the phone in bed (excited b/c it was 10:30 and I was actually in bed!) and all of a sudden the power is out! I of course freaked out b/c I live by myself for the moment, so immediately thought someone was trying to come in to get me and had cut the power, so ran to get a flashlight and went out the front door – found several neighbors in the street as well… it was very much like a scene from a UFO movie where the lights go out, and then everyone comes out to the street and looks around in wonderment. So we were waiting and hoping that the lights would come back soon, but no, of course they didn’t until sometime mid-morning today SO I spent the night hot and camping in my own house – ugh! No a/c, no fan, not even a good light to read until I calmed down enough to sleep… so you can bet I will be trying to get to bed at a decent hour tonight!

Hope all is well with everyone, Happy Birthday again, Mom! I love you so much!!

xx

1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

LOL! Poor Curt! I love him to death but seriously he has the WORST LUCK EVER with losing things! $85 - ouch!

I will still NEVER forget the day he lost your debit card (years ago!) and the look on your face - LMAO!

Your tubing stories make me miss Texas, however at the moment the weather here in London is quite Texas like - only with LESS A/C availability!