Today was a pretty fun day… the weather, unlike at home, was very nice and mild! I started the day with oatmeal and chatting with those at home, then it was off to Body Pump! I so look forward to this class, and super nerd that I am, I even downloaded one of the songs in the routine that I end up humming all day after I leave there… it’s the song we do while we’re doing shoulders – check it out, “All I Ever Wanted by Basshunters, totally techno, but you can bet it will be in my workout playlist for a long time, what a great beat! So Body Pump was great, saw my friends there and walked home with Amy and talked to her more about the orphanage volunteering that I’ll pursue when I get back in June.
Then I talked more online (today I got to talk to Ashley, Mom, Parker, Aunt Whitni (all three at once since Mom is in WV), Dad, Courtney & Adam, and Vicki! Was a great chatting day which lasted me through lunch time! Then I had some yummy CoCo Wheats for lunch, did some stuff around the house, watched a little TV, and just things in general while Ping Me was still here!
Later in the afternoon I had to venture out to get some passport photos taken for my health check tomorrow morning, so got those taken care of, and while I was waiting on them to be printed I did some shopping! I was looking for some heels to take with me to New York, but didn’t really find a good selection, so ended up clothes shopping instead… I ended up with two GREAT dresses that I ended up paying on average about $25 a piece for… so not too bad, not a great deal, but what I could get a dress at Target for, so that’s all anyone can ask, right? AND they are adorable, and I think very Chinese fashion, so I’ll take them with me home and get a few opinions… and then bring them back so I can actually have decent clothes here to wear as I brought a) not a lot and b) not my best clothes!
Then it was time to head home, and Curt was home from work when I got there, hungry for dinner, so I got started making some grilled cheeses! Note the bread here doesn’t have any preservatives, so if Curt doesn’t eat it all up with PB&J lunches, then we have to get creative for our dinners, because it is very good bread! So we had grilled cheeses, and I sautéed some mushrooms, so that was actually really yummy even if not so culinary!
Then YEA – Sense and Sensibility came on HBO! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate Jane Austen, and the billions of movies that have been made based on her and her books throughout the years… I love her and it never fails that regardless of what’s going on in life, when I watch one of her movies, or read one of her books, my outlook is always much improved. Yea for happy endings!
Then Curt was getting tired of his hair, so he decided to let me trim it up a bit!?! Quite unexpected since he’s been growing it out despite my grumbling, but I guess it got to be a little too much… I didn’t chop it all off, just thinned it out some, and I think I did a decently good job for never having done anything like it before? Hair cutting is hard, people, don’t let anyone tell you differently… as I got more confident, I started imitating JJ (our stylist back home) and that helped some… LOL. Curt was worried because scissors started flying and I quote, “I’m worried because you sound like JJ and I know you’re not a professional…” Fair enough, so I slowed down… haha
So that’s about it for today!
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awesome - where was the video camera for THAT haircut event???!!! LOL!
Post a Comment