Monday, April 27, 2009

Fascination is Universal



I’m not much in the mood for blog writing, and haven’t been this whole weekend, but here’s some to hold me over until I get the bug again… haha

The weekend was really great, very low key, relaxing, and we just played every hour by ear! We watched a few movies, ate out at our favorite restaurants, did a lot of walking, went to see Curt’s motorcycle that’s almost finished, took some photos as the weekend was REALLY nice, and took naps both Saturday and Sunday… lol, all in all weekends of leisure.


We also got to see another fountain show, which was much longer than normal – it lasted all through our dinner, and then after some which we watched… there were a ton of people there, including Chinese tourists even? Everyone would ooh and aahh at the same times, which made us realize that fascination and the sounds we make when we are fascinated are universal, which is kind of funny…

Today was also pretty relaxed… I slept in a little later than normal today, talked to Mom and Ashley online, went and had a very long and great workout, came home and got cleaned up, and lo and behold at about 1:45 a.m. I got a Skype call from Kendyl? When I heard the ring I was thinking who in the world could still be up, and I promise the very last person I expected was Kendyl… if you know her you would agree, but this is my sister who goes to bed at 9 p.m. sharp, or earlier if she’s tired… LOL! She couldn’t sleep, and had to wake up early to take Mom to the airport so was considering pulling an all nighter… we talked for a few minutes and I talked her out of it, but had some laughs and she went back to bed, so that was a fun surprise for the day! I did 2 loads of 2.5 hour laundry, did the dishes, did some reading, walked outside, then it was time for Curt to be home!

We ordered dinner in, watched a little bit of the ASTROS game which was so fun, and then a movie that was on TV, and now I’m winding down some because I’m so tired – I guess from my long workout today…?

Tomorrow I have to actually run a couple errands and get some passport photos so that Wednesday I can go sit in a clinic for hours and get my health check before I come home!

Sorry for the boring post – I’m just not in the writing mood tonight…

Love you guys, though, and hope everyone is well! :-)

1 comment:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

It's OK to not be in a writing mood - don't apologize! Get checked for swine flu before you come back home. Everyone (aka: the media) is FLIPPING out about it over here. But it's a nice news story distraction to not have to hear about the economy for once...so I'll take what I can get, right?