Sunday, March 18, 2007

Back from London town!



So again, it has been much too long but I just can't keep starting off my blogs with apologies so there you go, things have just been non-stop and that's the way we like our lives so oh well!

So over the last month, I've been to London three times, each for a week a piece... it was business of course as I wouldn't be there three times in a row for pleasure (would be nice but wouldn't happen) and I was there training on the software that we're implementing. Had a GREAT time even though it was business - saw some good friends and got to spend a lot of time with Jo, and see her village (Witham on the Hill, how English is that?) and meet her dad, and also saw Lori and Ian as well as Stuart. It was great to catch up with everyone and also roam around my old stomping grounds. I was actually training in Leatherhead (way south of London) but was staying in Sutton (in between Leatherhead and London) so I could get into London for an evening if I needed to. Plus in Sutton they have a nice large hotel that is safer and more accomodating which helps, too.

So diving into the details... the coolest part was probably getting to spend time in Jo's village this past weekend and the rest of the weekend with her. We caught a train north and it took about an hour to get there, and her dad picked us up and we went to this great place for dinner that's been around for hundreds of years! It's even cited in Pride and Prejudice where they stop over for a bit to rest - I mean maybe Jane Austen had even been there?! Who knows... we also saw Daniel Lambert's cane (it's ok if you have no idea who this is, I didn't either but apparently the largest man in Britain in a time where McD's didn't exist) and his cane was like a log, for real... I think at his heaviest he weighed over 700 pounds - you can read about him on Wikipedia if you want!

The last week I was there the weather was amazing, and I just had such a good time going to Harrod's and walking around London when I had the time to do so... on a free day I walked miles and miles all through the city, only to happen upon the Wallace Collection which a friend had told me to go see, and I had 30 minutes to see it! Yea!

It was so great... here are some pics, sorry there aren't more but I promise for Italy coming up I will do better!

Tasha xx

No comments: