Howdy everyone!
Well lots has been going on, but things have been really good despite being insanely busy!
First and foremost, congrats to Ashley & TJ in the birth of their second baby boy, Cade Thomas who arrived on Monday in the afternoon, weighing in at 8 lbs, 3 oz! We are told he looks exactly like Cody did so I can’t wait to meet him… Ashley did a great job in the delivery room, just popped him right out in no time! We’ve seen adorable pics, and one really cute one with Cody kind of checking him out… we know that Cody is going to be a great big brother! Speaking of Cody - today is his 2nd birthday - I can't even believe it but I'm so excited for him. He is growing up to be such a beautiful boy!!
So yea for the Dortch’s…
As for me I was in London for a couple of weeks on business, and am back but am still not feeling up to par. Usually jet lag never affects me, and if it does for maybe a day at the most, but I was sick all last week and just miserable, so this is the only thing I can think of as to why I’m just not feeling like my normal self!
London was great though – saw some friends that I haven’t seen in awhile which was *fantastic* - dinners and just good company – and saw the sights again! I was amazed at how well I still knew my way around although I hadn’t been back in 2.5 years – I mean down to being oriented knowing where the Thames was and about how far, which “landmark” was close by on a back street, etc – came into good use as I was the impromptu “tour guide” for my fellow colleague who had never been to London. When I showed her Big Ben she had no clue what we were looking at (we came out right under it at the tube station) so I took out my Discover Card to show her exactly what she was looking at as I have Big Ben and the houses of parliament design on my card – LOL. It was hysterical! We also had a fantastic time shopping at Harrod’s and enjoyed shopping (I got the most fun and amazing necklace, and we had great fun shopping for perfumes for her – I recommended Jo Malone and we found the most heavenly fragrance – nectarine, but strangely it’s not all that citrusy smelling which is good for me). So she bought some perfume and I got some samples, but tried to stick with my necklace which soon came to be impossible when I decided I HAD to have a tea cosy (a teapot cover essentially that keeps your teapot warm for awhile) and some tea tidies. But I really did stop there – whew! Then we took a look at the Rock N’ Roll exhibit where I saw the first electric guitar – 1931 – looks like a small banjo with a very long neck – looked like it had been to hell and back but it was still smiling at me… thank goodness for the inventor (American, by the way, and this is the first time the guitar has ever been allowed outside of the good ol’ USA). Was so happy to make its acquaintance. And don’t worry, I got my fix of Wagamama chicken katsu curry in (heaven as far as food goes), and my Pizza Express… also had two long walks along the Thames (my old favorite past time) and all in all was very enjoyable! Lots of people keep asking me about the weather, though in truth it wasn’t any warmer/colder than it had been here, but it definitely rained a LOT – probably about 80% of the time I was there with one beautiful day that of course I was training for. Oh well – soon after we figured it would be raining all the time, and I experienced day after day one of my biggest pet peeves – wearing heels and pants in the rain, and feeling the cold wet pant cuff against your bare skin – ugh – makes me cringe! – our party decided to forget about the daily commute (walk 13 minutes from hotel to train station, ride 40 minutes on the train, wait for 10 minutes in the rain for the bus, ride the 10 minute bus, walk 5 minutes down the hill from the bus stop to the building, oh yeah, in the rain, and the whole time with laptops, training materials, etc) and just cab it to and from – oh, was so much nicer and really not that much more expensive, and certainly was a time saver! LOL – I really don’t mind the tube/trains for public transport, but all that switching all the time in the elements in heels that fall in the cobbles really just isn’t enjoyable at all, so hence why after 4 days of this we were like, nope, not doing it. So good times – am scheduled to go back in mid-March so I’ll get to see everyone again and spend some more good time there!
Other news – Mam has moved into her new house which I think is perfectly suited for her – as soon as I got off the plane I headed up to help her move, and my aunt Kelli was down from NC, too, so it was so fun to hang out! It is closer to us on the freeway, and I still get really excited when I think about being close to my family down here, and that I get to see everyone more regularly without having to plan a big weekend!
Young Life is going great and just loving it… it fills our time like sand but it is so rewarding for us to develop great relationships with the kids. The girl leaders also have a Bible study going that I am getting so much out of and am enjoying so much – I look forward to it all week and the book is so good!
Anyway, have to get back to the daily grind but had 10 minutes to give you guys an update… will post pics later b/c I have some good ones!
Love,
Tasha xx
Well lots has been going on, but things have been really good despite being insanely busy!
First and foremost, congrats to Ashley & TJ in the birth of their second baby boy, Cade Thomas who arrived on Monday in the afternoon, weighing in at 8 lbs, 3 oz! We are told he looks exactly like Cody did so I can’t wait to meet him… Ashley did a great job in the delivery room, just popped him right out in no time! We’ve seen adorable pics, and one really cute one with Cody kind of checking him out… we know that Cody is going to be a great big brother! Speaking of Cody - today is his 2nd birthday - I can't even believe it but I'm so excited for him. He is growing up to be such a beautiful boy!!
So yea for the Dortch’s…
As for me I was in London for a couple of weeks on business, and am back but am still not feeling up to par. Usually jet lag never affects me, and if it does for maybe a day at the most, but I was sick all last week and just miserable, so this is the only thing I can think of as to why I’m just not feeling like my normal self!
London was great though – saw some friends that I haven’t seen in awhile which was *fantastic* - dinners and just good company – and saw the sights again! I was amazed at how well I still knew my way around although I hadn’t been back in 2.5 years – I mean down to being oriented knowing where the Thames was and about how far, which “landmark” was close by on a back street, etc – came into good use as I was the impromptu “tour guide” for my fellow colleague who had never been to London. When I showed her Big Ben she had no clue what we were looking at (we came out right under it at the tube station) so I took out my Discover Card to show her exactly what she was looking at as I have Big Ben and the houses of parliament design on my card – LOL. It was hysterical! We also had a fantastic time shopping at Harrod’s and enjoyed shopping (I got the most fun and amazing necklace, and we had great fun shopping for perfumes for her – I recommended Jo Malone and we found the most heavenly fragrance – nectarine, but strangely it’s not all that citrusy smelling which is good for me). So she bought some perfume and I got some samples, but tried to stick with my necklace which soon came to be impossible when I decided I HAD to have a tea cosy (a teapot cover essentially that keeps your teapot warm for awhile) and some tea tidies. But I really did stop there – whew! Then we took a look at the Rock N’ Roll exhibit where I saw the first electric guitar – 1931 – looks like a small banjo with a very long neck – looked like it had been to hell and back but it was still smiling at me… thank goodness for the inventor (American, by the way, and this is the first time the guitar has ever been allowed outside of the good ol’ USA). Was so happy to make its acquaintance. And don’t worry, I got my fix of Wagamama chicken katsu curry in (heaven as far as food goes), and my Pizza Express… also had two long walks along the Thames (my old favorite past time) and all in all was very enjoyable! Lots of people keep asking me about the weather, though in truth it wasn’t any warmer/colder than it had been here, but it definitely rained a LOT – probably about 80% of the time I was there with one beautiful day that of course I was training for. Oh well – soon after we figured it would be raining all the time, and I experienced day after day one of my biggest pet peeves – wearing heels and pants in the rain, and feeling the cold wet pant cuff against your bare skin – ugh – makes me cringe! – our party decided to forget about the daily commute (walk 13 minutes from hotel to train station, ride 40 minutes on the train, wait for 10 minutes in the rain for the bus, ride the 10 minute bus, walk 5 minutes down the hill from the bus stop to the building, oh yeah, in the rain, and the whole time with laptops, training materials, etc) and just cab it to and from – oh, was so much nicer and really not that much more expensive, and certainly was a time saver! LOL – I really don’t mind the tube/trains for public transport, but all that switching all the time in the elements in heels that fall in the cobbles really just isn’t enjoyable at all, so hence why after 4 days of this we were like, nope, not doing it. So good times – am scheduled to go back in mid-March so I’ll get to see everyone again and spend some more good time there!
Other news – Mam has moved into her new house which I think is perfectly suited for her – as soon as I got off the plane I headed up to help her move, and my aunt Kelli was down from NC, too, so it was so fun to hang out! It is closer to us on the freeway, and I still get really excited when I think about being close to my family down here, and that I get to see everyone more regularly without having to plan a big weekend!
Young Life is going great and just loving it… it fills our time like sand but it is so rewarding for us to develop great relationships with the kids. The girl leaders also have a Bible study going that I am getting so much out of and am enjoying so much – I look forward to it all week and the book is so good!
Anyway, have to get back to the daily grind but had 10 minutes to give you guys an update… will post pics later b/c I have some good ones!
Love,
Tasha xx

1 comment:
I was reading all your posts on your blog and when I got to this one I almost didn't recognize my own child. He was DARK. I guess I need to get him back out in the sun to darken his tan! haha, he doesn't even look the same anymore! He's much bigger now!
Post a Comment