Things have been pretty up and down lately. We had an offer on the house, but then it fell through - so blissfully happy to not so much within a few days spanning from last weekend to about Wednesday. Work is only so-so at the moment - need a new project desperately so hopefully one will hit this week!
But everytime the weekend rolls around I'm happy again - seeing Curt makes a world of difference... this weekend was fun but overshadowed by all the work that had to be done. (Sunday)
So let me give a brief rundown of since the last posting (now Monday night/Tuesday)…
The weekend before this past I went into Houston and we had another blast of a Happy Hour on Friday night with the Houston office of my company – started out at Sam’s Boat which was great and then went to see Austin Collins at the Mucky Duck…
Curt and I had SUCH a great time, I can’t even tell you… just awesome company and venues and everything! Saturday we spent the day at the lake and had a wonderful time. Kendyl came with us even though she didn’t want to get in the water, so I wakeskated, Curt drove the boat, and Kendyl filmed us, and then when it was Curt’s turn I actually learned how to drive the boat! I knew I would have to learn at some point so that was pretty fun…. It was actually quite comical as Kendyl was filming, yelling for me to speed up or slow down, etc. and I was yelling at her (not in a mean way, just b/c it was loud with the motor and stuff) asking if I was doing it right, etc. but I did a great job and got the hang of it, and b/c Curt is a natural athlete he did well at compensating for my boat driving faults. We ended up spending about 6 hours on the lake that day and had a lot of wakeskating time each which was fun, and we really weren’t too sore or tired that night! So that night Curt and I rented movies to give the dogs a break and let them be out, and we took them for a walk around twilight which was really nice – I really miss having them around. We took some great pictures (though dark) of Curt and Maverick playing in the field that I’ll throw in here… he really is ten times funnier than the pictures even slightly convey… they bring so much love and joy to our lives! 


Sunday we slept in and went to see Talladega Nights which was hilarious, of course! Then it was time for me to leave to come back up to the house, so the drive went fine (car’s doing well!) and ready for another week… last week was ok… kind of a downer b/c our contract fell through with the house, but I know there will be more and everything happens for a reason so we’ll be ok, it was just a downer to be up here by myself with no new project in sight, the house falling through and not being able to commiserate with anyone. So just did my thing, went to Hip Hop, watched movies and tried to keep in good spirits until Friday when Curt arrived (late!). So again, this weekend was really fun just to be with Curt, get back on track with everything, etc. We went to see Cars which I LOVED on Saturday night and then Sunday sweated to death trying to get packed and loaded… of course the bearing went out on the tire so we had been trying to get him out by noon or so so he could take the trailer to the storage unit, then to Giddings, etc. but that didn’t so much happen b/c of the bearing that he spent a good 4-5 hours on but we still had a good time together and I enjoyed my time with him. After he left on Sunday night, I cleaned up a little around the house and went to see the movie Step Up which I LOVED – I can’t even tell you how much I loved this movie… it’s still sticking with me today (Tuesday) and I will probably go back and see the movie again. It’s really pushed me to really pursue this Hip Hop/Breakdancing studio in Houston that I was looking into, b/c I think I could challenge myself to get better like Jenna and Channing in the movie… and can I just say, Channing was an amazing dancer! I came home after the movie and started looking up interviews/articles and learned that Jenna has been professionally trained (which you could tell from the movie) but Channing is a raw talent, never before trained street dancer which I couldn’t believe – he was excellent! So hip hop class tonight is going to be great now that I’m uber inspired to pursue this more… When I started hip hop up here I really felt this satisfaction like I was getting back to something that had meant so much to me in my life before college, so I’m excited to find that excitement and passion again and the movie just pushed me over. I know I’m a weirdo but oh well, it makes me happy! So go see it – LOVE it!
So anyway, yesterday went by fast at work, have a potential project on the horizon in Houston which is good news, went to Pilates and got a lot of work done last night which was great, and got into bed by 11 p.m. – good job!
So that’s my update… tomorrow I may go see a musical and have a nice dinner with my girl coworkers which I hope works out (may have to go interview with the client tomorrow afternoon in Houston, so that’s a major wrench in those plans, but hopefully it will be moved to Friday). So should be a great week!

xx

No comments:
Post a Comment