So I spent all week writing about Playa, and didn’t have time to actually write about my first week without Curt in the house! There’s not much to tell other than it’s lonely and kinda weird to not have anyone in the house (dogs or Curt) and to obsessively clean up behind yourself wherever you go… So did my thing – am reading much more and catching up on our DVR cache which has been full for who knows how long, and then of course doing work and other necessary tasks… was very excited for this past weekend though b/c Curt and Kendyl both came into town to celebrate my birthday! We had a lot of fun planned….
Friday night Kendyl and I went to dinner at my favorite local Italian place and had a feast! Then we watched Enron, Smartest Guys in the Room until Curt and the boat got there later that night. Saturday we woke up and got ready for a day at
the lake on our boat with Kendyl, Kevin, Kim, Curt and myself so that was a blast… turns out Curt got me a wakeskate for my birthday so that was pretty sweet! So we spent the day having fun in the sun and learning to wakeskate so we had a blast – Kim and Kevin were first timers and they did really well, too! After we finished at the lake we rushed home to eat and clean up so we could make our 7:45 p.m. movie to see Pirates of the Caribbean! Same crew for the movie, plus Juan, Shelly and Cory! I was so excited to see this movie… so we got there in ample time to get good seats, and settled in for a few hours of fun (pre-previews, previews, movie was 3 hours)!! The movie was fantastic (I won’t give anything away) and then home to go to bed (lake days make you tired, you know).Sunday woke up and dallied around for a bit, Curt and Kendyl sang Happy Birthday to me and we ate my cake for breakfast, and then got ready to go to the lake AGAIN! Tried a different lake this time which was actually much more calm so we did SO much better on the wakeskating front… Kendyl even tried it (was just Curt, me and her) and it was hilarious – she really made some good progress though so we were
proud… so that will be a fun hobby to get us in the sun and on the boat… was exciting! So we did that up until 3ish and got on the road to go home… listened to Dad commentate the last few minutes of the Italy vs. France game which was fun, Go Italy!, got home and got showered while Curt and Kendyl went hunting for my “token” birthday gift. They got home and presented me with what they had found – a *gorgeous* white and black pearl earring drop set and necklace with diamonds… very sophisticated and very pretty! I can’t wait to wear them tomorrow…. I have a life so blessed. 
Sunday evening I made Curt and Kendyl some yummy dinner, and got them on the road with full bellies of chicken and biscuits and chocolate cake! It was very sad to have my fam with me (or part of them) and then to say goodbye again for the week... both got home safely and on to the rest of the week... BUT it is my birthday week so that should be a highlight!
I'll be going to Kevin and Kim's for dinner, and then seeing Ashley, TJ, Cody (yea!) and her pregnant belly - ASHLEY'S PREGNANT!! as they're staying at my house on their way to Houston so that will be a joy...
So that's me - happy birthday to me!
xx

4 comments:
Happy Birthday! Love all the pics!
I'm thinking it's Happy Birthday tomorrow right? Hope you have a very happy birthday! Much love, Carrie
I'm jealous and now I want to learn how to wake-skate...think the clumsy Moose can hack it??? LMAO! :-)
P.S. - What did you and Kendyl think of the Enron movie??? Interesting huh?
Post a Comment