Anyway, thought I should share the news!
We are excited about another new development, too, as a result of this - we are taking a quick vacation over the July 4th weekend! We booked a trip to Playa Del Carmen so we could scuba dive away so that Curt could have a mental break before beginning his new job, so that will be a BLAST and satisfy some of our scuba cravings. We're going to dive the Cenotes
and do a night dive as well - I had just better see a turtle, though, because we didn't see ANY in the Bahamas! So we'll let you know! Here's a couple pictures of the Cenotes (not my picture - from the web)... these are like shallow caves and were formed from running water, so there are a series of them. Those of you who know me that I am a little antsy about cave diving, so this is really the best place to start as there is ALWAYS a way out to the surface which is my condition on anything in life, not just diving! :-)So we are very excited about our upcoming adventures... we're of course pysched for the trip, and we're very proud of our spontaneous booking (though don't worry, we did our research!) and deals that we got for it... now Curt will just have to find out if he can come to Europe with me this fall!
Hope everyone is having a great day -
xx!

2 comments:
Hey Babe! Glad to see you are going to Playa. I had fun snorkeling there. I'm almost positive that you will see a turtle. They have so many breeding grounds down there! If you don't see one in the deep blue, you could always go to one on the resorts (my fave was XCarat). There you can see the turtles as bid as a VW bug! Then you can see the whole adolescent life cycle from the egg until they are old enough to be released into the wild! Completely amazing!
WOW! I feel as though I'm TOTALLY out of the loop! Glad you're getting to go diving again - that'll be SUPER FUN!
BTW, is it true that Baker Hughes is a company that was founded by Howard Hughes? Aunt Karol told me that last week and I didn't know that, and don't have time to research it.
She's been calling me "Howard" b/c I'm such a hygiene freak by taking a bath AND a shower daily, and also b/c I carry Purell in my backpack and bust it out ALL the time over here in dirty Europe. (Although Italy is TONS cleaner and Spain!)
Anyway, just thought I'd ask about the possible Baker Hughes/Howard Hughes connection.
Love,
-V (Howard) ;-)
Post a Comment