Sunday, May 28, 2006

Fun in the Sun for the Holiday Weekend...

So Curt and I tried wakeskating yesterday - very fun and quite challenging! It's such a great workout and we had a ton of fun with Courtney and Ben on the boat.

But rewinding a bit, Friday night we got Kendyl on the road to Tyler, Mom, Dad and Mam on the road to Georgia, and Curt and I went to the house and took naps, I read some, and then we got up and going to have a fun night at Market Street! We got some yummy ice cream and did a few laps around the area, went into Borders and fed our brains with some good knowledge (I bought a GREAT book that's an illustrated encyclopedia of the kings and queens of Britain from beginning to present day!) and then went and saw X-Men! Was great... we enjoyed it! Saturday morning we slept in and got on the road to Curt's mom to go have some more fun! We met up with Courtney and Ben in the afternoon and went to Chocolate Bayou to join some of their friends on a boat. We had a great time watching all the "pros" go, and then took our turns at the end... I got up on my third try and then again on my sixth... was really a lot of fun so we'll have to try again! I had some great wipes though, but today am not feeling as sore as I imagined I would coming into it... Curt was *really* great! He took a little longer to get up, but once he got it he was good to go, and even went over the wake and did really well so we were all excited! After our fun wakeskating adventure we went back to Carrie's, showered up and grilled out - Courtney and Ben came back over with Roxy and Tyson, and we had a great time visiting. Slept *GREAT* and now we're back at my parents' packing up and getting ready to head home! The dogs probably miss us and we're excited to make it to our bible study's cookout tonight! Should be great... reading the Da Vinci Code to Curt on the way, so that should pass the time pretty well, and we can't go see the movie until he has read the book, or rather, had the book read to him - LOL! :-)

So that's all for now... maybe Curt's quest for a boat won't be so hopeless now...

xx

No comments: