Hold me back - I've found an obsession that if I'm not careful, could take permanent hold... cashmere coats! I already love coats, which is unfortunate as my home state is the great state of Texas and I don't have endless opportunities to wear them, but just the same, I could spend more money on coats then handbags, shoes, and clothes combined.
One great thing about living in China is you can get clothes custom made to fit you for pennies on the dollar, in the material of your choosing. This includes beautiful coats made out of cashmere. Over the summer girlfriends here showed me the place everyone goes to get them made, so before we left on our trip, I stopped in to do just that.
I gave them my measurements (they take about 20, not just 4), picked out my winter white cashmere fabric, said yes to a belt, double breasted, and the button cuffs, and was told it would be ready after the New Year. We went back earlier this week when we got home, and I was so excited when I got to try on this:

My new coat... I'm in love. I'm not going to wear it for one second here in China, though - it's way too beautiful and it's too polluted, grimy, smelly, and gross here. Which left me with a problem - I didn't bring enough cold weather clothes, and in the meantime while getting this coat made, I was wishing I had a darker color one with a hood that would be more casual that I could wear more often.
Lucky for me, there was a coat that fit this description in the shop - charcoal gray, beautiful hood, and just my size except it needed to be taken in slightly at the waist. No problem, they did it in a day, so now I'm the proud owner of two luxuriously soft, cashmere coats.

I already wore the gray one out last night with our friends for a great hot pot dinner!
So exciting! Between these two, and my old favorite long red wool one, I promised Curt I shouldn't need another for quite awhile :-)! Thank goodness anyway for doting husbands, I love him!
They even have great inside pockets in the lining! I find myself trying to think of another coat that I need like this, but really I don't... unless I could make the argument for brown? LOL, probably not... but it's so hard not to when they're so gosh darn cheap compared to what you'd buy them for at home!


2 comments:
You know, I sure need a coat!! Burrrrr...it's cold here and I just don't have a very good one!! :)
Yeah I'll take one of those too. Maybe a nice brown/tan and navy blue one. I can see the pattern in my head, but can't really describe it - LOL!
Post a Comment