Thursday, December 03, 2009

So much to say but not enough energy to say it...


I know it's been awhile since I posted, and as I sit here I am thinking to myself there is SO much to talk about, and yet, because there is, I almost don't want to talk about all of it because of how long it would take to write... sigh!

Everything is great, though, overall! Maverick is home with me and it's so beyond wonderful to have him home even though the circumstances of his homecoming were not ideal. He is such a blessing and it's been so hard to be without him these past months, but having him back is almost like he was never gone - he's been such an angel and so super cuddly... I could gush all day. I gave him a bath today outside (yes, it's cold, but it was so sunny that I was fine in shorts and a sports bra, and the water wasn't even that frigid), and he loves his bathtimes... mostly because he knows a good rub down comes after which he just lives for. Afterwards I laid the towel down on the driveway in a very sunny spot, and he laid there with his head on my lap falling asleep in the sun while he dried off the last little bit. It was heaven...

Since he's been home I've been walking him twice a day as he is used to *much* more activity (with his harem of women - 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 boys, and even more kids in and out. So far that is going well and we're settling in nicely to a new routine.

Curt's doing great in China - he gets home on the 21st so I'm counting down the days! Only slightly more than 2 weeks now - home stretch (or almost, anyway)! I love this picture of Curt... I see this look a lot when he's humoring me, LOL!

In the meantime I'm staying busy with Young Life and the Animal Shelter, running, and of course all of the normal holiday stuff - life is good!

Here are some pics of November weddings, and I'll write more soon, promise!


Courtney PALMER & me

Chandra, Tashina, and Kendyl at Tashina & Sinh's wedding

Sista picture, ow ow! (At Tashina's wedding)

No comments: