So this week has been and will continue to be busy. I leave for China very early on Saturday morning so I'm making my rounds and saying my "bye for nows," and doing lots of misc stuff shopping and starting to gather my piles so packing for my trip back will be as easy as possible...
One thing I've also been working on over the past month is getting some of the more obscure to-do's done, as well. One of those to-do's involved letting go of my favorite Coach purse so I could send it off to be fixed... the stitching had come loose, and since that is covered in their commitment to quality, they fix it for free and all you have to pay is round trip shipping, which I don't think is a bad deal at all.
So a few weeks ago I took it in, and knew it would probably arrive after I was already in China, but today I got a call from my local store informing me that it can't be fixed - huge bummer, right? BUT before I had the chance to even be *slightly* bummed, they told me that they had already cut me a check for the balance of what the purse was worth the day it was made which is even more than what I had bought it for since it was already at the end of that season! And they're shipping it back to me, so if I want to carry it around with an inch of loose stitching I still can (and will b/c I do love it) AND I get a new purse (or two if I really try hard)!

Superior customer service hardly exists like that these days, and I have to say I was so impressed, like *shocked,* in a very pleasantly surprised way! I can't wait to start looking to continue to build my collection of Coach purses... I currently own 4 in varying sizes and colors, so obviously already loved them as a company for their quality, but with this they sealed it that I will be a customer for life, and most likely an exclusive one at that...
Another fun customer service experience is that I bought a pair of jeans from the Buckle after I complimented Chelsea on her jeans. She told me that they were Buckle, but the best part about them was that they do alterations on your jeans for FREE! What?! Personally, I've never gotten my jeans altered although almost every pair of jeans I've ever bought needed it done (b/c I'm so short), but it's one of those things that seems silly to pay for, right? But knowing that it's done for free just clenched it, and these jeans are SO cute!
When I bought them they told me to take them home, wear them and wash them a couple of times and then bring them back... did that this morning (Tuesday) and at the LATEST they will be back to me be Friday (what? not like 8 weeks from now?) - slam dunk!!
I love that some companies refuse to skimp on quality customer service when almost everyone else is, using the "recession" as an excuse... makes me love them even more!
Speaking of people using the recession to the hilt - that brings me to Craigslist... love that website and at any given time I have something posted on there and have for almost 5 years now. So with this latest round of stuff I posted, I noticed that even though I checked "no spam email" I'm getting like 10 junk emails a day with people "counseling" me on how I should sell my stuff in these "hard, economic times." I'm like - people - regardless of the state of the economy I sell stuff that I don't need, so I don't need to click on your best friend's cousin's spam link to "learn" how I can sell off everything I own so my baby daddy can eat Taco Bell tonight... weird and annoying. Hopefully some real buyers will be in the mix somewhere, haha!
Anyone else having some horrid or amazing customer service experiences lately? Or anyone noticing people using the recession in never-before-seen ways?

2 comments:
You only tell me that you are going shopping, not the rest of the cool story. Your hubby has got hear about your cool stories on your blog, what? ;-)
That just happened today! We haven't talked yet for you to have heard this story, silly... and plus usually boys would be bored by altering jeans girl chit-chat, haha!
Post a Comment