Today was a pretty fun day!
Started out great with some chatting online… Love. Love. Love that! Then it was off to the gym for some BodyPump action – was a good one today, I really pushed myself so that’s always good, right?
Then I had to speed home, let Ping Me in, then get showered up and out the door again to make it to the orphanage meeting a new friend invited me to check out. It’s something I might be interested in doing (it’s only a few hours a week, I think), so we’ll see?! The meeting was good – I could only stay for about 30 minutes of it but looks like a lot of nice ladies, and of course a nice cause for innocents, so should be interesting – I’ll keep you guys posted! I don’t think I’d want to start until after I get back in June, so we’ll see if that works for them, too.
Then I was off to an EAS lunch (Expat Association of Suzhou) at a local steakhouse with Jana (why I had to leave the orphanage meeting early – had made that commitment beforehand!) and met some more great people there! I also got us memberships which allows us access to the website, activities, and discounts at places around town, and TAXI CARDS which are a must have! Taxi cards are business card type things you hand to taxi drivers that have English and Chinese writing so you know where you’re going, or rather, so they do which is more important!
After the lunch, I went exploring a bit, then home, then piddled until Curt got home. He decided he wanted Teppenyaki for dinner, so we headed out to this place he’d heard good things from and we had an all you can eat Hibachi type Teppenyaki meal which was delicious! Different, (esp looking at what our neighbors were eating – gross), but good.


Then we came home and played some rockband, watched American Idol (had fun dancing to the disco medley), and that’s about it! I’m exhausted (still a little drained physically) and tomorrow is another “busy” day. Busy is in quotes because it’s my NEW definition of busy (because in my old world, this would be not even close, of course)! LOL
Love,
Started out great with some chatting online… Love. Love. Love that! Then it was off to the gym for some BodyPump action – was a good one today, I really pushed myself so that’s always good, right?
Then I had to speed home, let Ping Me in, then get showered up and out the door again to make it to the orphanage meeting a new friend invited me to check out. It’s something I might be interested in doing (it’s only a few hours a week, I think), so we’ll see?! The meeting was good – I could only stay for about 30 minutes of it but looks like a lot of nice ladies, and of course a nice cause for innocents, so should be interesting – I’ll keep you guys posted! I don’t think I’d want to start until after I get back in June, so we’ll see if that works for them, too.
Then I was off to an EAS lunch (Expat Association of Suzhou) at a local steakhouse with Jana (why I had to leave the orphanage meeting early – had made that commitment beforehand!) and met some more great people there! I also got us memberships which allows us access to the website, activities, and discounts at places around town, and TAXI CARDS which are a must have! Taxi cards are business card type things you hand to taxi drivers that have English and Chinese writing so you know where you’re going, or rather, so they do which is more important!
After the lunch, I went exploring a bit, then home, then piddled until Curt got home. He decided he wanted Teppenyaki for dinner, so we headed out to this place he’d heard good things from and we had an all you can eat Hibachi type Teppenyaki meal which was delicious! Different, (esp looking at what our neighbors were eating – gross), but good.


Then we came home and played some rockband, watched American Idol (had fun dancing to the disco medley), and that’s about it! I’m exhausted (still a little drained physically) and tomorrow is another “busy” day. Busy is in quotes because it’s my NEW definition of busy (because in my old world, this would be not even close, of course)! LOL
Love,

3 comments:
Rock Band???!!! Did you HAVE to put that part in there to make me jealous?! LOL! Glad the lunch went well. Hopefully we'll get to chat tonight. :-)
LOL - sorry girl, you can play when you come to visit, how about that?!
That might have to be a plan. As I said in my other blog comment, Paul and I are trying to live minimally - but it's REALLY hard to not spring for Rock Band b/c I love it so much. Paul got to play it last week in Denver with a buddy and his wife from the Air Force and I was SO jealous! Not only was I jealous b/c he got to play it in the first place, but I missed out on hearing him on vocals! I just can't picture Paul on vocals - makes me giggle thinking about it! Don't get me wrong...he's a GREAT singer when we're driving down the road...it just makes me giggle b/c I always figured him for more of the drummer type. :-)
Post a Comment