Thursday, April 09, 2009

I'm Belle!

So it’s Thursday here, and so far today has been pretty quiet… the sun rises very early here, so at 5:45 a.m. I was awake with the sun… it looked as if it was 8 a.m. already and I thought Curt was going to be late for work, but no – 5:45 a.m.! Who would have thought that after going to bed at midnight I would naturally wake up at 5:45 a.m.? So unlike me and my sleeping habits (adore it, and lots of it), but maybe that means I’ll have another nap today. So I laid in bed for a bit, watched the Chinese people outside on their e-bikes start going to work, made cereal for Curt and it occurred to me that their milk, while good though slightly different tasting, is probably not fat free so I shouldn’t be drinking so much of it – LOL! But had some yummy Cheerios, sent Curt off for another busy day, and decided to start my day off with some MTV! They have lots of popular American songs on, but peppered in are some Chinese artists as well which is totally interesting to watch… good music, too, though you can tell their video budgets are quite a bit under ours which is understandable. The Chinese also have a very different fashion sense – some of the haircuts I’ve seen are incredibly daring (more on the girls) and interesting…

I also met my housekeeper this morning! She’s maybe mid 30’s if I had to guess, very nice, doesn’t know too much English so we’ve been pantomiming some (haha) to communicate… I tried to get Rosetta Stone up and going on my laptop as well this morning but apparently you can only use the activation code once, so I’ll have to use the other computer I think… but am hoping that I can pick up the language somewhat quickly so I can start picking out words here and there. My housekeeper’s name is Ping Me (have no idea how this is spelled as I asked if she could write it and she wrote it in characters – lol, fair enough!), and she comes Tuesdays and Thursdays to do everything except the cooking. Speaking of which, in a bit I’m going to go the store to see what I can’t find for myself for lunch… yesterday I had some goldfish that I had brought as a snack on the plane – going to shoot for something a little healthier than that, I think (or at least balanced?)!

Other than that, today I’ve had fun talking with Mom, Dad, Kendyl, Ashley and the boys (yea for goodnights on Skype!), Sarah (who’s in Shanghai – may venture out to go see her next week), Tiffany, and Uncle Tony. Once again – thank the Lord for technology! While I was talking to Ash, she was talking to Jonathan (her little bro) who asked me through her what the future was like! It made me laugh – so true, I told him it was bright!

Didn’t do a whole lot today after all of that – ended up going to the market as planned and bought some good food to stock the fridge somewhat, did some reading, took a nap (as guessed) and didn’t have a ton of energy so we just hung out here for dinner and ordered take out again.

I DID take a “which Disney Princess are you” quiz and I’m Belle! Whoop! She and Princess Aurora are my favorites, so I was happy – the quiz is out of Ariel (love her, too), Mulan, Belle, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (aka Princess Aurora), Jasmine, and Pocahontas. Here is a description of me/ Belle:

Belle is as lovely as her name implies but her natural unaffected beauty is far more than skin deep. An intelligent and avid reader Belle yearns for faraway places and exciting adventures. She is a loyal, loving daughter and when the beast finally wins her trust she gives him all her kindness and patience and then realizes she has also given him her heart. With her inner strength and outward beauty, Belle is a young woman who can and does make things happen.

Sweet!

Tomorrow is Good Friday and I’m going to try and find something around here to do to celebrate Easter!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday while I’m sleeping!

Love,

2 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Even though I have been talking to you every night (morning for you), it's still fun to read what you're up to. And really weird for you to talk about tomorrow being Friday when it is only Thursday for us!

So, when something big happens in our Country...like 9-11, it's actually 9-12 to them! weird...

Elizabeth said...

I'm enjoying reading your blog too! Since I'm stuck on boring US soil with a toddler and a mortgage :-P