Thursday, April 16, 2009

How do I describe "ceramic?"

Tonight as I write this I’m looking at probably one of the clearest nights I am thinking I will see for awhile here – Curt says he has *never* seen it so clear, and it’s all because we got a wicked cold front last night! It’s probably 60 degrees or so during the day, maybe 50’s at night, so I had to bundle up a bit today for my normal routine!

For the most part today was uneventful, but it was a good day! The cold front brought a lot of clouds so it was overcast, but I went to BodyPump again this morning (sans catfighting, thank goodness) and also did some cardio, then it was time to come home and let Ping Me in and talk to Ash & the boys, Vicki (she finally got on Skype – thank goodness), and Mom before it was time for everyone back home to get some shuteye. When I was talking to Vicki, she saw Ping Me on the cam and freaked out for a second that there was someone in my house! I quickly told her it was just Ping Me and all was fine, so it was pretty funny… and then she and Ping Me said hi to each other and Ping Me waved at her – she speaks hardly any English but they both got a big kick out of it, I think! Haha…

Ping Me finished up and then I got some lunch, went on another long walk by the lake and along the way ordered my straightener – ceramic is a hard word to pantomime, by the way, guys. I am usually a charades/pantomime genius but this one has been challenging, though hopefully it will be the winner. This salon that I ordered it from had some people that spoke the best English yet, though, and "Jenny" said she knew what I was talking about, and JUST to be sure she had a very handy-dandy translator gadget so when I typed in ceramic (this is after pantomiming and pointing at the plates on the one she had), it said it back to her in Chinese... so, cross your fingers! I’ll get it in 1 or 2 days so will let you know if I am successful in my quest, haha!

Then I came home and did some reading (trying to finish my current book so Dad can take it home with him) for awhile, Curt got home, we put in a movie before dinner, and then I made another pretty good (and new) dish! Baked chicken with Progresso bread crumbs and garlic, and then some bowtie pasta with red sauce... It was good! Then some chocolate pudding – close my eyes and I am home.

Then we watched part II of American Idol while Curt was getting some work done, and now we’re just hanging out, really and kind of vegging. And while we’re on the subject, I have to admit that my new wardrobe is pretty fun… I basically live in yoga pants and a t-shirt, or running shorts if it’s warmer, and tennis shoes (I brought flip flops with me, and of course my toes are pretty and done, but not brave enough to wear them outside yet). There are days when I don’t wear an ounce of makeup, and so far I’m really liking this… I guess I have a lot of time to make up for too many 12-hour days in heels and wearing skirts and blouses, etc. to be missing dressing up at the moment! At least on a day to day basis… I am, however, on a mission to find an amazing gown in a magazine and go to the fabric market and have them make it for me just for the heck of it, because I will probably always *love* THAT kind of dressing up, so stay tuned (or ladies, be browsing for me and send any ideas my way)!!!

For now, I am excited for the upcoming wedding fever (fever in a very positive way) with all of the activities coming up for Katie’s, Sylvia’s, and Becky’s weddings! I can’t WAIT! I heart weddings… especially those of people I love so much!

Also beyond excited to see Dad tomorrow night – Han, Curt, and I are going to get him in Shanghai tomorrow evening, so it should be a GREAT weekend and I hope he likes it here…

Hope everyone has such a great day!

Love,

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

Dude...Ping Me rocks! She's a hoot! Was good to finally sync up via Skype. Next time I should be able to have video so Ping Me and I can play peek-a-boo for real. LOL! :-)

Tasha said...

LOL - for real, that was hilarious! Ping Me would love to see you, I'm sure... she once saw Cody and Cade and thought they were my children and was so excited, and I was like no, they're HER children pointing to Ashley, LOL!!! I think she thinks it's cool...