So last night I went in for a haircut… I LOVE my stylist – he’s wonderful and does such a great job, but I was a little annoyed! I had made Curt and I’s appointments back to back for 6 and 7 p.m. – mine for later as I don’t get home until later from work/driving, etc. So I was pushing it to get home on time, quickly changed clothes and as I was headed out the door Curt called to see where I was because our stylist was going to cut another guy’s hair in between us. I told him I was 5 minutes away, and whatever, as long as it was quick that would be fine. So I got to the haircut place at like 6:45 p.m. before my appointment and the stylist was cutting this guy’s hair so I chatted with Ash while I was waiting. So 7 p.m. comes, and he’s chatting away with his “friend” in the next chair, while cutting the other guy’s hair, and he didn’t finish until like 7:15 p.m. – ugh! I was trying really hard to not be visibly annoyed but geez – I had things to do still for the evening! And what’s the point of making back to back appointments?! THEN as he was cutting my hair he was still chatting with his “friend” in the next chair and I was so worried that in his obviously non-focused state that he would chop too much off or something! I wanted to shake him and point out that if he could just focus on my head that he could be done in like 10 minutes and free to chat up his friend after, versus my 40 minute hair cut/trim! It didn’t help at all that I was completely starving (read grumpy) with no dinner in sight as I was going to Kendyl’s after for a workout video session and only THEN were we eating dinner. It was actually more of an inconvenience for Kendyl to wait for me though, b/c she goes to bed at like 9 p.m. (because she wakes up in the 4’s – she’s nuts!), so by the time I got to her place, we did the workout, and then ate dinner it was totally 9 p.m. – sigh!
The workout video was GREAT though – we were totally panting but had a good time. I like doing workout videos at her house b/c when I do them at mine Maverick is all over me. He loves that I’m on the floor and thinks it’s cuddle time, but goes CRAZY when I’m jumping around so barks b/c he thinks it’s some sort of game or something! When I do my pilates video I have a hard time not laughing b/c I’ll make him go lay down on his bed and he does his inching scoot forward until he’s right next to me and I’m rolling all over him, or a leg hits him in the head or something – cracks me up, but probably not an efficient break in the workout…
Anyway, so got home around 9:25 p.m. and Curt told me I had just missed the coolest thing – ugh! Apparently 2 minutes before I pulled in the driveway, he looked outside and near our pool is what he thought was a cat (background info, Curt installed landscape lighting and blue pool lights that look GREAT in the backyard, so we have them on a timer and the backyard is kind of lit up til around 10 p.m.) by the edge of the pool. Well as we do not like cats in our backyard (we are not cat *haters* but for every blue jay I find dead in my yard I go a little more crazy) he was about to go back and shoo it away. At a closer look, it was a *RACCOON* who had come into our backyard and was pawing at the pool water to make the june bugs come closer through the ripples and eat them! How adorable is that? Curt said the raccoon was a pretty big one – Maverick saw it as soon as Curt had started to process what was going on and quickly sounded the alarm. Instead of running away Curt said the june bug bandit turned to look (oh so nonchalantly) and just trotted away, with a last look over the shoulder before he disappeared in the night. I can’t believe I missed it, but you can bet I will be watching for the clever raccoon!
After that excitement decided to watch Part I of the Bachelorette – WOW what a great episode – 2 great ones in a row! I have no idea who she’ll pick as both have laid it out on the line, so next week will be GREAT!!! Then, as Curt was still working on his laptop next to me I decided to watch John and Kate + 8 (my other fave show) which is *usually* 30 minutes but I realized only halfway through it was an hour show, so ended up staying up much later than I wanted…
Tonight was pretty low key and fun - came home and changed and went back out again to meet Pam for dinner at Market Street. Was really fun to catch up and just sit outside (it was so nice out today!) and talk shop... we don't do that often enough which is silly as we live so close, so will hopefully be doing that more often! We chatted about everything really, but I especially loved sharing Wilderness experiences with her (as she went as well on my trip in high school) from a few weeks ago! What is so funny is how well we both remember that trip, but how we remember different things from it! We both brought up a ton of stuff that the other had forgotten about until tonight again... so fun!
Oh and random thought - to make up for me missing the raccoon last night, TODAY I saw deer (pretty common but always love it nonetheless!), a bunny (NOT as common) and a SKUNK (*rarely* ever see!) so I felt like Discovery Channel girl again - whew!
I’m really looking forward to this weekend, too, by the way! Curt and I are going to decorate a float Thursday night for the Friday parade, we’re going to celebrate Mam’s birthday on Friday, then on Saturday she’s making a turkey dinner where we’ll get to meet her beau, Gerald (should be interesting, but from what she’s said he’s a nice guy so stay tuned there!), and then just try and relax and start getting things prepped for the following week’s birthday celebrations! We’re doing my stuff on Friday/Saturday, and mom’s on Sunday as we have a wedding the following weekend so it will be all our birthdays together! YEA!
Hope everyone has had a great day! Off to spend time with the hubby and go to bed - and laugh at Maverick... As it's July 1st I just gave him his heart worm pills with peanut butter, which he *loves* but always does this adorable head rubbing thing afterwards as if rubbing the outside of his ears/face with his paws will affect the amount of peanut butter stuck on the roof of his mouth! He cracks me up!
Love,
Tasha xx
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ha! I can't do ANYTHING on the floor (work-out, wrap presents, etc.) b/c Trooper automatically thinks I'm down there to see him too!
Post a Comment