Monday, July 28, 2008

Did you know that fish are capable of mocking?

Had another fun weekend – man, I love summer!

Friday we went to an early dinner with Heidi, Bill, Mikey, Anders, Heather, Danny & Sonora (YL friends) and had yummy fajitas, margaritas, and many laughs as well! Then I went home for a bit so I could be SURE to get my training in for that day so it was definitely interesting running on a full stomach with tequila in my system. Learned that lesson well, and that’s all I’m going to say. LOL! Seriously, it was slightly painful and after my second mile running I had to stop and walk b/c I thought I was going to puke, but at least I ran 2 miles and walked the 2 home, right? Probably burned as many cals as consumed in my margaritas at least? Then I got showered up and ready to meet the same group (minus the boys except Bill) to go see Mamma Mia. Bill happens to be a huge Abba fan, so we had a GREAT time singing to the movie and having a good time. What is interesting about Abba/Mamma Mia is that before I saw the show in London, the ONLY Abba song I liked was “Dancing Queen” – a personal theme song when I was 17… surprise, right? But after I saw the show in London, I was an instant Abba fan… Jo even got me the Gold album which I love to listen to, so was really excited about the movie!

Curt was still up when I got home so we went ahead and packed a little for our weekend getaway to Rockport! The next morning we slept in some (thank goodness) and then quickly got on the road to go to Courtney’s boyfriend’s parent’s beach house there. And we had such a great time on Saturday/Sunday! We went fishing out on their boat (with Courtney, Adam, and 5 of their other friends) on Saturday after we got there, and there were no fish… probably b/c they all went deep for the hurricane, but the ones that were left were *jumping* out of the water like crazy all around our 9 fishing poles… it was pretty funny, actually as it seemed pretty deliberate to me? I gave up after a bit and just laid out on the fishing pier tower thingy and chatted with the girls, so it was really relaxing and fun. Then when we all got cleaned up we enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner and then played “Partini” late into the night. Fun game – very similar to Cranium so lots of belly laughing and tears and it was girls against boys so VERY competitive! Adam and Courtney are considering getting their scuba certification which would be GREAT as Curt and I have been wanting some dive buddies for so long now, so we’re crossing our fingers that they’ll get it done soon!

Sunday we all slept in, I enjoyed pancakes and bacon (didn’t help cook at all this trip except for brownies, but I did help with dishes!), we hung out playing Guitar Hero and watching “Big,” Curt helped Adam with putting away the boats, etc. and we got on the road a little after lunch and had fun talking about the future for the 4ish hour drive home.

Then as SOON as I got home I got an hour run in as I didn’t do a thing on Saturday (ouch) and then did a swim directly following. I can tell I’ve improved in the short time I’ve been officially training, too, as I wasn’t really tired at all and I was able to keep my heart rate relatively low the whole time! Then Curt and I took Maverick to the park to listen to a concert on the lake as he’d been alone for the weekend, and had a great time taking pictures, enjoying the music and evening, and being so proud of Mav for being such a well behaved boy with all of the kids and such that gravitate towards him due to his size, etc. Then back home for a very late dinner (after 9 p.m.) and movie to finish off the weekend.

Sigh… am sad that summer is winding down… and p.s. I still haven’t learned how to download pics from my new snazzy camera (or rather haven’t taken the time to even try) BUT I bought an external hard drive as they are massive files, so have this on my to do list for the week!

Love,
Tasha xx

No comments: