It’s my Birthday Week! YEA! And so far so good…
Monday was a little out of the ordinary… I worked from home so we could have some workers come and pressure wash the house, as well as do the windows (inside and out) and wow was it an ordeal! They were supposed to arrive at 9 a.m. but were running late so arrived at 10:30 a.m. The guy kind of showed up with some attitude as in his opinion our house was bigger than what he was expecting square feet-wise (I guess by the looks of it), so was ticked about the quote I was given by the owner/main guy over the phone. I was really offended by what he could be implying and suggesting I would have to pay $100 more than what I was quoted so I simply told him the quote is what I would be paying, and that I told the main guy our house was the correct sq feet (it is actually even slightly lower than what I told them and even rounded up), two stories, and a combo of brick and siding so what else could I say about it? I also offered for him to come see for himself on HAR (one of my personal favorite websites – why can’t every city have this?) and told him I didn’t appreciate his attitude when I had taken off time from work to be here and had done what was asked of me on my part to prepare for their visit. I was so mad!
Then they apparently needed more supplies so left and came back. Then a nozzle was broken so Adam (Attitude Adam) went to buy another one while Daniel (no attitude but still buddies with Adam) starting on the inside of the windows. What was hilarious (not in a mean way) about Daniel is that he was a big guy, probably in his mid thirties, and he was scared of Maverick. At one point he said, “that dog’s bigger than me,” and I couldn't even fake agree - there's no way… I mean Maverick is big, but this guy was a big guy, way bigger than 140 pounds... So I spent the day making sure Maverick was gated safely away with me and plenty away from him. He would just call my name whenever he was ready to move around – just made me giggle. Maverick was fairly annoying throughout the day, however, as they were at our house for 7 hours – constantly banging on the house and making noises that don’t belong, suddenly appearing in the backyard, back door, front door – you get the picture. Maverick was having a tough time guarding me and it was a lot of work for him when normally he sleeps all day while we’re gone!
Then Monday night was the much awaited finale of The Bachelorette! I can’t tell you how excited I was for that moment to arrive… Vicki and Mom came over to enjoy it on the big screen, and we decided to make it like old times and order Domino’s (thin crust cheese and cinnastix +Bachelor night = Tasha’s personal heaven). Not only did we have the finale though (I won’t say who she chose until next post JUST in case someone has been in a hole and hasn’t watched their DVR yet), but we also had an After the Final Rose… 3 hours solid… love it. I tell those close to me that it doesn’t matter if I’m 90 and this show is still on, I will still love it so much.
Tonight was fun, too in a weird-ish sort of way, but I got home and Curt gave me the second and third presents to celebrate my birthday week (he’s so sweet). My first present (on Monday) was 10,000 BC. Note we haven’t seen this movie yet, but as Curt knows that I love Clan of the Cave Bear (movie and Earth's Children series), he figured I would like this movie as well, and he’s probably right. :-) I didn’t get a present on Tuesday – I don’t know if by plan or not but I was in a really bad mood and didn’t really deserve one anyway.
Tonight, however, I got 2! One is a small coin-ish looking token that is silver and says “good for one birthday wish.” I haven’t decided what my wish will be yet but I’ll let you know what I decide! And my third was this absolutely precious oversize wine-type glass that is painted with candles and says “Happy Birthday!” and I love it! What’s more is that when Curt was asking me if I liked it, I of course said yes, and he’s like, “can you tell where it’s from?” and I paused and studied it, he gave me a couple more hints and I finally figured out it’s from Swoozies, which is one of my guilty pleasure, favorite stores (later this evening Curt called it "Smoothies," God bless him. I hardly ever go in there though b/c I love their stuff, but usually can’t justify spending that kind of money on the wonderful stuff they offer (which I don't ever really NEED), so I was SO happy that he remembered how much I love that place. What a cutie.
Then, we had to weed the yard, which usually is not that fun but for whatever reason tonight it was (maybe because I got a present beforehand)? After we finished Curt decided to mow while I went and got washed up to make dinner… WHILE I was making dinner I flipped on the TV and got sucked into a NEW show – “so you think you can dance?” sigh… another show, it happened – geez! So watching the dancers, enjoying it, etc. finish dinner, blah blah blah, and THEN the last couple to go does this *AMAZING* Bollywood dance that I watched about 12 times before I decided to go put dance appropriate clothes on and attempt to jump around and learn the dance myself. What a blast – Curt laughing in the other room as he would peek over from time to time, Maverick jumping and dancing (and getting kicked in the head, don’t worry, not hard) and finally I pretty much got it. I’m just bummed b/c I wasn’t recording it on my DVR so I can’t go back and enjoy it… maybe it’ll be on YouTube (you'll never believe it - someone has already posted it and it already has hundreds of views! I guess there were others like me... click here to see).
So anyway, off to begin another day in the Birthday Week – woohoo!
Love,
Tasha xx
Birthday Week presents
P.S.
Here’s a snippet of a post that I’d forgotten from BEFORE Wilderness (sorry, I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but thought I would include rather than delete):
This last weekend was AMAZING! I left it pretty much open so we could relax as during the weeks we’ve been running all over the place. So Friday Claire called and wanted to see if we wanted to go out to eat that night, so Curt and I met her and Adam out at this Japanese restaurant where we had a lovely meal and great time with friends! We had Mochi Ice cream at the end, and MAN that stuff is GOOD! The rice dough around the ice cream is like heaven – almost like a cookie dough consistency but a lighter, sweet taste. It was delicious. We got home later so we started a Netflix but quickly abandoned for bed! The next morning we slept in a bit – I actually woke up earlier than Curt which *never* happens so finished the movie (he didn’t care) and then woke him up so we could take Maverick to the Spring Bark at Northshore Park!
We met Chelsea there (who had Nina) and though I was a little nervous for Maverick and his current ailments, he did GREAT! There were *tons* of dogs there, and vendors, etc. so we had a lot of fun just walking around and looking at everything. I brought Savannah’s old leashes/collars (the 3 sets that I bought her and she never wore) and donated them to the Humane Society, and they were appreciative so that made me feel good and a little sad at the same time. But Maverick made lots of new friends, and only had one moment where his back legs started to bother him, so we made our way home soon after and he seemed fine for the rest of the day.
Then Curt and I got into our hiking boots and started walking over to the Darling Showcase of Homes and brought a pitcher along the way to pick dewberries! I wanted to get enough to make a pie later that afternoon, so we had fun hiking and such. Picking dewberries is an art, though – we were so intense about strategy to avoid getting scratched up with thorns – it was hysterical! We ended up getting the entire pitcher full so we made TWO homemade pies (Curt insisted on homemade pie crust even) that we are still working to get through… so yummy!
The showcase was nice, too… I always love to get good ideas for decorating and wish I had enough money to just start over or something!
Wednesday, July 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Only one more hour until you're old like me!! Enjoy the last hour being 26!
I don't get a birthday week! Then again I have two little boys who keep me so busy that I think I even forgot at times it was my birthday...or is that just a sign of being old???
Post a Comment