Thursday, August 02, 2007

Like water off a duck's back...

This week has been a mixed bag of great moments and not so great ones, too, but I think things are on the up and up so I’m just going to forget about it and be ready for the month of August!

The week started out on a low note with a few things going wrong - here it is in a nutshell but if you want to know more than be ready for an earful! We were watching Cottonwood of course, and Curt was gone Monday and Tuesday so had some accidents to clean up on my own, had to rush home from work to try and beat her bladder (unsuccessful both times), and found a bike that I LOVED that was mine, but got sold out from underneath me as a result of a miscommunication, huge bummer… then tried to go to Garden Ridge to get my wedding portrait framed with the gift certificates Mom, Dad, and Kendyl gave me, but turns out Garden Ridge got rid of their framing department… I hit my foot REALLY hard on one of the barricades made for Cottonwood too that has left me still limping two days later, and I mean just a bunch of stuff literally back to back that kept making me sigh, rage, cry, all of the above. LOL – no, just kidding, wasn’t so dramatic but definitely had a few “are you kidding me” moments as they just kept coming!

Anyway, yesterday I vowed that the rest of the week and even all of August was going to be different – so far so good! Last night I had a great evening with a few coworkers, and also Elizabeth and Fred! Curt and I had planned on dinner with them, and when my coworkers found out we were going to Ninfa’s at 6ish they decided we should all go early to have an impromptu Happy Hour, so we did, and then a few left for a movie around the time Elizabeth and Fred got there, and then Curt arrived, so we just had fun mingling and chatting about things. We had a great meal and margaritas (but not Elizabeth of course on the margaritas, though she said she will have one as soon as she can after the baby is born – she can do that if she times it right, pumps in advance, stuff like that, so it’s ok – sorry if that was an overshare for some, but hey, Elizabeth misses her margaritas and understandably so!). Anyway, we had a great time, and it was so great to see them as it had been way too long! When we got home Curt and I popped in a scary movie, but we were so tired we didn’t make it all the way through – but was a perfect night!

Tonight if it’s not raining we’re going to take the boat out for a spin – Kendyl may join us so we’ll see – and then tomorrow we’re going to go and spend time with Curt’s mom and sister, so that should be a blast as we haven’t been down there in awhile, too! We’re also going to a Blue October concert on Saturday if the weather cooperates, probably take the boat out if again, the weather cooperates, and oh, work on some mold in our bathroom – EWWW! I noticed the other day what looked like mold while Curt was gone, and sure enough it is! Let’s just hope it’s not serious like a leak or something, but that’s definitely on the list for this weekend, too, so we’ll probably do some major cleaning while we’re at it… Oh, and also have our haircuts scheduled, AND I’ve been dying for a pedicure so hopefully I’ll get that in, too! Haha…

Anyway, that’s about it – nothing really exciting except for Elizabeth’s belly! Yea – she only has two more weeks until her due date!! Doesn't she look great?

1 comment:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Sure sounds like you have been super busy! I understand that things happening one on one might not seem like a big deal but when you put all them together, it seems like EVERYTHING is wrong. That's how I am feeling these days. Both boys are sick and Cade is on more medication at this moment then I have been on my whole life. (exageration here but he's so little it just seems like it)