Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Young Life Camp at Crooked Creek!

Young Life Camp was AMAZING!

Last week was great in pretty much every way… it’s almost too much to go through b/c we were so unbelievably busy, but to nutshell it to avoid the longest blog posting ever, I rode horses, mountain biked (omg so hard), did a ropes course (I’ve done these before, but have never zip-lined which was so fast!), did an obstacle course in the mud, in the dark (and it was freezing by the way and people were coming out of the bushes with water balloons and super soakers), square danced, ate amazing food, had fun in dune buggy’s on a course, human rodeo, volleyball tournament, pool games tournament, BLOBBED, slid down a huge water slide, played dodge ball, and laughed a ton at Club every night.

We had 14 girls total in our cabin, 3 leaders and 11 girls. The other leaders were Rachel and Cori, and the girls were: Mikey, Tia, Brittney, Meara, Christina, Shelby, Heather, Evie, Alex, Laura Ann, and Jenie. They were from both Woodlands and College Park as we’re a mixed club for the moment, and most of them going into their Junior or Sophomore year. We took our trip with another local (and rival) high school, Oak Ridge, who for this trip we termed “Smoke Ridge” b/c they had so many smokers – yuck!, and then a group of Woodlands/CP boys as well, so in total there were about 55 of us. We road the bus up on Saturday afternoon, got there Sunday afternoon, and then began our week of fun in the Rockies at Crooked Creek! All of the activities listed above were jam packed in there, and there was usually some free time in the afternoons but we always seemed so busy! The camp is amazing – not to mention just gorgeous in layout and scenery – but had every amenity imaginable. The pool was huge and was so great, they had a hot tub that sat about 30 kids at a time, and had so many games and things to do, snack bar with WONDERFUL milkshakes and ice cream, and of course the YL store which I spent a small fortune in… I just love that we do this!

The girls were incredible to get to know, too. As Curt and I have one year under our belt with this group it really solidified my relationship with a lot of the girls, and I can’t wait to see the fruits of that this next year! The message was really incredible too – mostly at YL camp it centers around God’s love for you no matter where you are, what you’ve done, etc. and just walks through Jesus’ death, resurrection and really where we fit in so that was so good to hear again and even better, have the time to reflect on this as life is usually so busy! I loved it…the only bummer was that Curt couldn’t be there to share in this, but hopefully next year! Anyway, going to post a bunch of pictures to make up for what I’m lacking in words…

Love,
Tasha xx

3 comments:

A Perfect Pandemonium said...

Looks like you had a really great time. It brings back memories of High School looking at all of the students! It looked like an awesome place to be!

Vicki J. Dooly said...

GREAT pics! Nice pic with whipped cream on your face, too. Haha! I need to go back to Colorado soon...has been too long since I've been there. I'm officially jealous...

Pam Roberts said...

Fun! Makes me miss Wilderness... (although, while we were there, I never would have imagined actually missing it)!