I know it has been awhile, but things have been pretty hectic AND I got sick again, so my apologies!
Here is what has been going on since my birthday post:
That night, Mom, Curt and myself went to see Harry Potter as the movie was released that day and it was SO great! I loved it! Then we celebrated AGAIN on the weekend by all of us minus Dad (he was still out of the country) going to the museum to see the Frogs exhibit and then the Deep Sea 3D Imax movie! I was sick and my neck was huge b/c of my swollen glands, but it was a really fun day and the frogs were so cool! My favorites were the poison dart frogs – their colors are truly amazing and they are so small! The Imax movie was also really cool with being 3D – they have really improved this kind of technology because they had jellyfish, squid, and turtles (and more) all coming out to play… haha! We then went to Marco’s (YUM) for dinner, and then Mom, Curt and I watched Roman Holiday and it was all happy times…
Thursday, Curt and I got off work as normal, but hurried, and took the boat out just the two of us for a nice evening of wakeskating and cruising. It was a really nice night and the water was so smooth as many people don’t go out so late and during the week, but we got an hour or so in before it got too dark, and we really had a great time, though we ended up tearing ourselves up a bit! I took two hard falls in the beginning that TOTALLY rattled my brain as I fell in the water on my head (I was a little rusty and was not letting go of the rope as I was falling – ugh!) so that *REALLY* hurt, and then as I was falling another time my knee skidded the skate so I had a nice skate rash all over my knee and leg… Curt also pulled a muscle or strained one in his arm, so we went home a couple of gimps! Later that evening my sore throat set in, and I felt SURE it was because of my two falls that set my head/ear fluid/everything out of whack!
Then Friday Kendyl got her Harley! It is white, and I will post pictures when I get back into town and on my other laptop, but she looks pretty sharp on it! The night she got it she and Mom rode their Harley’s up to see Mam and they had a good time… Kendyl has wanted one for a long time so check that one off the list! Next time you see her ask her how many pairs of boots she bought to “match” her bike and her many outfits… I love her – LOL!
Then on Sunday Dad was getting in at 7:30 p.m. or so, so because Kendyl and Dad had been out of town earlier, and I still hadn’t had an all together get together, we went out to the Cheesecake factory for dessert, did presents, sang and the whole bit, so that was awesome, too! So it was really a different kind of birthday with a bunch of activities that only a few people at a time were a part of, but I guess that’s how it goes when your birthday falls on hump day? It seems like my birthday has fallen on a weekday FOREVER now!
Tuesday was Mom’s Birthday and we went to Fogo de Chao which is a churrascaria much like Texas de Brazil so I was in heaven! I actually didn’t eat myself silly so that was good, but oh what a carnivore’s paradise! We had a great time, and I got a massage for Mom so hopefully I’ll get to go with her when she goes – I love massages!!
Wednesday I flew to DC for work, so am here now, and tomorrow I’m going to see my Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle who are up here in this area – so fun! I’m staying the night with them then heading home Saturday, so a really quick trip but you take what you can get, right? Anyway, heading off soon so gotta wrap it up. I have a few pics that I want to post and will when I get home. I got a new laptop though (against my wishes) from work and all of my programs are wiped, so I’m going to have to spend some time getting it back to normal… ugh! The laptop is nice and all, but I had a great system, and had everything like I wanted it!!
Oh, and REALLY excited about the new Harry Potter book - will be reading it this weekend so please no one spoil it for me, ok?? I started book 6 yesterday to make sure I'm all fresh and ready to go, and am about half way through so with the plane ride back I should finish it. I was kind of bummed b/c I'm missing the release party at Borders on Friday night, but they'll hold my reserved copy til Saturday evening so you know the first place we'll be going when Curt grabs me from the airport!
Anyway, until next time!
Love,
Tasha xx
Here is what has been going on since my birthday post:
That night, Mom, Curt and myself went to see Harry Potter as the movie was released that day and it was SO great! I loved it! Then we celebrated AGAIN on the weekend by all of us minus Dad (he was still out of the country) going to the museum to see the Frogs exhibit and then the Deep Sea 3D Imax movie! I was sick and my neck was huge b/c of my swollen glands, but it was a really fun day and the frogs were so cool! My favorites were the poison dart frogs – their colors are truly amazing and they are so small! The Imax movie was also really cool with being 3D – they have really improved this kind of technology because they had jellyfish, squid, and turtles (and more) all coming out to play… haha! We then went to Marco’s (YUM) for dinner, and then Mom, Curt and I watched Roman Holiday and it was all happy times…
Thursday, Curt and I got off work as normal, but hurried, and took the boat out just the two of us for a nice evening of wakeskating and cruising. It was a really nice night and the water was so smooth as many people don’t go out so late and during the week, but we got an hour or so in before it got too dark, and we really had a great time, though we ended up tearing ourselves up a bit! I took two hard falls in the beginning that TOTALLY rattled my brain as I fell in the water on my head (I was a little rusty and was not letting go of the rope as I was falling – ugh!) so that *REALLY* hurt, and then as I was falling another time my knee skidded the skate so I had a nice skate rash all over my knee and leg… Curt also pulled a muscle or strained one in his arm, so we went home a couple of gimps! Later that evening my sore throat set in, and I felt SURE it was because of my two falls that set my head/ear fluid/everything out of whack!
Then Friday Kendyl got her Harley! It is white, and I will post pictures when I get back into town and on my other laptop, but she looks pretty sharp on it! The night she got it she and Mom rode their Harley’s up to see Mam and they had a good time… Kendyl has wanted one for a long time so check that one off the list! Next time you see her ask her how many pairs of boots she bought to “match” her bike and her many outfits… I love her – LOL!Then on Sunday Dad was getting in at 7:30 p.m. or so, so because Kendyl and Dad had been out of town earlier, and I still hadn’t had an all together get together, we went out to the Cheesecake factory for dessert, did presents, sang and the whole bit, so that was awesome, too! So it was really a different kind of birthday with a bunch of activities that only a few people at a time were a part of, but I guess that’s how it goes when your birthday falls on hump day? It seems like my birthday has fallen on a weekday FOREVER now!
Tuesday was Mom’s Birthday and we went to Fogo de Chao which is a churrascaria much like Texas de Brazil so I was in heaven! I actually didn’t eat myself silly so that was good, but oh what a carnivore’s paradise! We had a great time, and I got a massage for Mom so hopefully I’ll get to go with her when she goes – I love massages!!
Wednesday I flew to DC for work, so am here now, and tomorrow I’m going to see my Grandpa, Grandma, and Uncle who are up here in this area – so fun! I’m staying the night with them then heading home Saturday, so a really quick trip but you take what you can get, right? Anyway, heading off soon so gotta wrap it up. I have a few pics that I want to post and will when I get home. I got a new laptop though (against my wishes) from work and all of my programs are wiped, so I’m going to have to spend some time getting it back to normal… ugh! The laptop is nice and all, but I had a great system, and had everything like I wanted it!!

Oh, and REALLY excited about the new Harry Potter book - will be reading it this weekend so please no one spoil it for me, ok?? I started book 6 yesterday to make sure I'm all fresh and ready to go, and am about half way through so with the plane ride back I should finish it. I was kind of bummed b/c I'm missing the release party at Borders on Friday night, but they'll hold my reserved copy til Saturday evening so you know the first place we'll be going when Curt grabs me from the airport!
Anyway, until next time!
Love,
Tasha xx

1 comment:
I'll start reading it as soon as I get it and I'll be sure to tell you everything that's happening before you ever get to those parts! Haha, just kidding. I'm jealous you've already seen the movie. No one here will see it with me but Chelsi comes back in a week or so and she'll go with me!
Hope you're having a great trip! Call when you get home and I'll be sure and tell you what's happening in the book!
Post a Comment