Wednesday, August 30, 2006

All the little things… like blueberry insides!

So not really much to report, unfortunately, and that’s just a sign that my life isn’t all that exciting at the moment, so sorry for some of the dullness ahead.

This week work has been same ol’ same ol’ – not much to say about that although I should be hearing if I have an opportunity to go to Houston soon which please Lord make this happen b/c it’s a dream project and I’m just ready to start my life there and be back with Curt and my fam! UGH! I feel like I’m in this limbo or in one of Dante’s levels or something except replace dullness with sin levels or something. Speaking of, I just went to search exactly what Dante’s levels are, and found a website where you could take a test to see which level you would go to if that were true, and good news, I would go to Purgatory! Lucky for me that’s not what I believe and I’m really going to heaven - whew!

So anyway, I am very excited about this coming weekend though and having an extra day for the glorious holiday that is Labor Day. I realized this morning in my closet that I have only a few days left to wear my white shoes and skirts/slacks, etc. And regardless of what some people say about this rule not applying anymore, I don’t know what they are smoking b/c it absolutely does apply! I mean all of the magazines and what not that say it’s an old, stupid rule – keep in mind where they are guys – NEW YORK! I mean I love that place, but let’s just call the kettle black and say the fashion industry doesn’t want to be limited!

Anyway, that’s that… the work day is over and I’m on my way to a team dinner. Should be fun though hopefully I won’t ruin it for myself and focus on the million other things I should be doing like shopping and having food in my house, for instance! I’ve gone without milk for days, and anyone who knows me knows that every morning and night I’ve been cursing when I open the fridge! Haha…

Got a special treat today as well – saw the window washers! We were thinking that these guys, despite having a blue collar job, make probably a ton of money as the hazard pay has to be astronomical! It’s always so fun to sit in your high rise over the city and watch someone right outside your window hanging out on a harness and swing rappelling and squeegying – they are super fast at their job! So it’s the little things I guess (when you’re life is currently dull, though still great) that really make your day…

I also made this fascinating discovery last week that I don’t think I wrote about – but guess what? I was eating some blueberries one morning, and it suddenly occurred to me – I had no idea what a blueberry looked like on the inside! These blueberries were very large, mind you, so extra juicy in consistency and I was like, omg, I have no idea! So I of course bit one in half (carefully) and I was *SHOCKED*!! (Take this moment to think to yourself if you know the color of the inside of a blueberry)..... drum roll please…….. the color is a beautiful green! It is almost the same color as a kiwi green and actually has teeny tiny small brown seeds so looks much like a kiwi on the inside – I was totally floored and proceeded to bit the rest of them in half to see if it might be a fluke or a rogue nuclear blueberry. What a scientific discovery – still gets me when I think about it. Sigh…

So… that’s been my exciting life lately. This weekend actually will be pretty dang cool though – gotta love days off and Labor Day is one of my favorite obscure holidays! Here are my plans… Friday night will be in Houston and may actually purge my high school room as an incentive for my mom and dad to buy my high school room some new furniture so we can bring it into this decade. I am even considering taking down and putting away my mums – it’s a stretch – but I’m thinking about it. Saturday will hopefully be some lake action, then the Aggie game that night, then Sunday and Monday will be more fun in the sun – we’re hoping to get a ton of time on the boat so it should be awesome. I so need an extra day off!

Anyway, that’s me – time to go but hope everyone has a great hump-day night!

xx

2 comments:

Vicki J. Dooly said...

I can't BELIEVE you abide by the "no white after labor day" crap!!! GEEZ! Wear whatever whenever is what I say! However...I'm not exactly a fashion icon myself - I just like to have "options" and I don't like to limit myself color wise certain times of the year - GEEZ! ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Okay, so Fred eats blueberries daily, and NONE of his are green on the inside. You must have had radioactive blueberries!